Thursday, March 17, 2011

Kicking Sacred Cow's

This blog was brought forth by my buddies bitching about the training
industry, be it martial arts, the use of a firearm in self
defense training and any other it's always been done this
way industry.

A smart man once said  "people tend to get upset when you kick
sacred cows" (or something like that) dumb it down a little bit,
people can't handle change or evolution of tactics or training and fall
back on sensai, this SEAL team guy, this S.W.A.T team "said this" or
it's always been done this way or I have always done it this way.

GREAT things change, people evolve and people realize what they said
10 years ago is BS compared what they know now.

Now the industries above have a lot of dogma and no one wants to admit
what they said 6 months, a year, 2,3,5,10 years ago wasn't the
best......Well it was the best they knew "then". Just say hey I was
wrong, hey things changed, what I knew then I thought was the best.
But thing have EVOLVED and so have I.

This is the first entry, so I wont get into mine or my buddies who
train biggest pet peeves, "hey I will never flinch I'm a Martial arts
expert, or hey the color code of awareness is a story in the bible, or
how you need to index a magazine and/or look at a gun to reload it, and my favorite I've always done it this way."

I have plenty of time to write about those antiquated things.

No comments:

Post a Comment